Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day, Singles Awareness Day, St. Valentine's Feast Day, February 14...same thing.

This holiday is really just an excuse for couples to get all gushy with each other, spend a crap load of money, and for those who are married to have an excuse to have a date night and escape the hectic chaos of home. (Don't worry, Mama and Baba, I know you still love us!!!)

Basically, as I am single and don't see that changing any time soon, I don't have a date and (theoretically) shouldn't even bother acknowledging this stupid hallmark waste-of-a holiday.  But that's no fun!!!

SO what is I did with my hearty-heart, mushy-gushy, coupledy-couple holiday???  Well, it's a Thursday so OBVIOUSLY I did some school, but then I went and saw a chick flick with the girls (Safe Haven....totally cheesy, typical, Nicholas Sparks mush...so of course I enjoyed myself!), since I was at my place of employment (in case you didn't know, for the time being I work at a movie theater) I saw some coworkers, one of whom was astonished that no one had asked me to be his valentine and automatically offered to be mind (so sweet, Daniel, even if you do have a girlfriend and are a weirdo. Kidding!),  then I went to practice (which was actually really fun), and now I'm spending time with Christian Bale and Heath Ledger (aka watching The Dark Knight).  Overall, I'd say it was a good day, not at all disappointing!!!!

I do have to say, I've never understood this whole, "Who's your valentine?" deal.  What does that even MEAN?!  I mean, my valentine for today has a girlfriend (who, by the way, he DIDN'T ask to be his valentine)...so essentially it's a waste of time to worry about having a valentine or not.  I mean, you're either in a relationship or you're not.

For those of you who aren't, well, God loves you and so do I (for the most part.  Heh heh).  So rest in peace and I hope that you all had a fabulicious day.

Here's what I would buy if I had any money.  But since I have a minimum wage job and already suffer from two diseases, I am chocolate-less on today....the day dedicated to chocolate...I mean, love.  Of course.

Anywhootnholler, chocolate and hugs and kisses and flowers to you all!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment