This was the question in the minds of all Michiganders last night. (OH MY GOSH, FYI, "Michigander"?? It's a real word).
I spent all night mentally preparing for a day of relaxation, tea, coffee, food, maybe a run on the tread, a good book...essentially?? AWESOMENESS. Just because my mother warned me to be cautious, I set my alarm for 7AM and kept my phone near-by to ensure easy access to the internet for the final call at 6AM this morning.
7 o'clock? My alarm sounded (Blane and Allison in the morning...good stuff). I scramble around a bit, in enormous amounts of pain from my work out yesterday, and finally grab a hold of my phone. Through bleary eyes, I manage to remember my password. The first thing my phone opens is a text from one of my friends. "Ahhh wait so Ann Arbor school district is closed....Why is HSC NOT?!" At this point, I am almost in tears...after all of my preparation, after ALL of my plans!!! THIS?! NO!!!!!!!
"BELLA!! GET UP!!! WE HAVE HSC!!!"
Bella jumps out of bed and starts yelling at me, "LET'S JUST SKIP!!!" and other, unpleasant things...
Just to be sure, I checked my email, the only message I have? The subject: NO HSC!!
I didn't even bother to read the email, so I reset my alarm and rolled over and went back to sleep. Tragedy averted. It would have been such a shame for all of my planned laziness and procrastination to have gone to waste.
I got some school done, had a good run, went and got lunch with my momma...it's been a good day. As much as I DREAD the thought of school being prolonged via Make-up days?? I would have probably cried had nature opted with NOT a Snow Day.
Here's to you, dear snow! As much as I hate you and want it to be Spring, I had a wonderful day.
Peace!

No comments:
Post a Comment