Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pride Goes Before Fall

Ah, these words which we are all WELL acquainted with, I'm sure.  The thing is, most of us probably think to ourselves, "Well, I'm not REALLY prideful."  And thus, lie ourselves into false, ignorant oblivion.

Lately, I have been extremely prideful, unfortunately.  Just the other day, I was bragging about how I was getting good grades in Chemistry and how I could just rely on my grades from last semester to get me through this semester.  I got a wake-up call this morning when I went online to check my grades.  It's far lower than I thought and expected it to be.

Also, I've been able to get away with pushing the dress code at the home school co-op I go to because most of the mom's love me...or so I thought.  Don't get me wrong, a lot of the mom's/teachers still really like me.  But apparently I can no longer get away with wearing shorts that are mid-thigh length to volleyball (the dress code states that shorts must be at LEAST two inches above the knee....not 4) even though other girls wore much shorter shorts.

I guess when we get a little too big headed and think too highly of ourselves, God does his duty and knocks us back into place.  I really need to step-up my work ethic in Chemistry for the last 2 months of school and try and beat senioritis as best I can.  I also need to try and be respectful of rules, even if they're abso-fricken-lutely redonkulous.

Well, "the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace" (Psalm 37:11).  Guess I better work on keeping up the "meekness" I'm feeling right now!!

Remember, "We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility." Roger that, Mr. Rabindranath Tagore (whoever you are!!).

 
Now that ^^^ is the ultimate act of love and humility...if that doesn't floor you, I don't know what will.  Just remember that next time you start getting cocky!! ;-)

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment