"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"
-Eminem (Lose Yourself)
Isn't that the question? On one hand, at first glance, you would automatically say, "everything I ever wanted?? Capture it. Duh." But if you think about it...what if you're wrong? What if everything you ever wanted isn't everything you need? Shouldn't you just let it slip then?
It's those "one moments" in our lives that make us who we are. There's the moment I found out I was Diabetic. The moment I found out I have Celiac. The moment I found out I had been misleading myself about someone. The moment I found out I'd been used. The moment I found out how much God loves me.
There's about a million "moments" that end up being big turning points in the end. Big or small, these moments and the decisions we make in them ultimately make us the people we are today.
There really isn't a right or wrong answer when it comes to the "capture it or let it go" question. Either way, that decision will ultimately take us on a journey. There's about a million different paths available to each individual, the key is discovering which one you want to take. If you start along one you don't like, there's always an exit ramp to take.
I'm at a point in my life where so many opportunities and options are available to me. I'm at a pretty big milestone. Graduation is coming up in about 4 months. After that, I'll be taking classes and getting involved with Nurses Aid and phlebotomy programs. There are relationship decisions to be made. Career choices to be made. However, while the next year will have a huge impact on the direction I will take the rest of my life, it's not the one with the biggest decisions I will have to make. Another 4-5 years from now, I will start making decisions about where I will live, where I will work, who I will spend the rest of my life with. Another 4-5 years from there and I'll be making other decisions. There will never be a point in time from now on where I won't be making other big decisions.
In all the hub bub about big decisions though, don't forget about the small, every day decisions that we all have to make.
Anyway, that's my two cents!
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment