'Twas the night before New Years
And there I was sitting
All by myself, with not one of my peers
My parents were doing, what parents all do
To ring in the New Year
Surrounded by people and wine and good beer
They party all night, but never too hard, so don't you dare fear
But here I am sitting,
It's New Years once more,
And I will be honest,
It's always a bore.
I'm sorry, there is my pathetic attempt at poetry. But there's no better way to say I am NOT a fan of New Years Eve...it's an over romanticized notion surrounded in ridiculous "resolutions" and drowning in alcohol.
I have nothing against resolutions, but why do people decide "New Year, New Me!" when in all reality, in two weeks, you'll forget about them anyway. Why do you have to wait until the beginning of the year to make resolutions? If there are changes that need to be made, why do you have to wait until the beginning of the year????? I mean, honestly. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.
Also, who the heck came up with the entire idea of a "kiss at midnight"?? If you have someone you care about, why is it SOOOO important to have that *super important* first kiss of the year?? Euughh. Ridonkulous.
To those who go to Times Square to be drink way too much and be surrounded by complete strangers: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! THAT IS NOT FUN!!! That is boring. And cold.
What will I be doing tonight? * Sniff * Well, I will probably be parked on my couch with my single self, watching How I Met Your Mother and when the ball drops?? I will slowly sip my delicious champagne and give my favorite baby brother a lil smooch on the cheek.
The rest of you can have your beer and your parties and your boyfriends and girlfriends and your midnight kisses...
To those who call me bitter? Definitely not. I just find this particular holiday a little ridiculous.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Peace Out 2012!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment