You see, I often say things or phrase things in such a way that often confuse and worry and cause people respond in a dramatic manner. When dealing with social media...this can be an issue.
Today I happened to post a status about "being at the hospital for 3 hours and counting." There's a really harmless, "no worries" explanation. Being a Diabetic/Celiac, I am at UofM hospital at least 4 times a year, so when I think "Hospital" I think: "Doctor's appointment." Well, considering my diseases, tumors, random other issues, other people think "hospital" and go "HOLY CRAP SHE'S DYING FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!"
You would not believe the number of phone calls, texts and comments on my status I received, the whole time thinking, "Umm this is normal...?" And of course after explaining a gajillion times that "Yes, I'm fine. No, there's no problem. Yes, this is my NORMAL life." of course, my grandmother comments asking if I'm alright. So, for the gajillion and oneth time, I explained, yet again.
Anyway, I swear, this really is going to be an issue some day. I might say something I actually and truthfully regret. Not to mention the way word spreads after seeing one little thing on some sort of public forum. Before you know it, I'll be dead and in my grave without even realizing it! I don't mind as long as I get to go to my funeral and maybe get to give my own eulogy...would that be too much of a problem??
In all seriousness, I probably should take more care before I randomly blurt out my thoughts or anything like that where it could be seen...on second thought, what do I do on here?! I say things I maybe shouldn't and sometimes don't even mean. Ah, oh well. That just got too deep. I just wanted to share with the world a taste of my stupidity and goofy life.
But, as it were, I am exhausted and have nothing more to contribute!
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment