Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May, May, May

What?  May already??  Crap dang.  Not ready for everything that entails.

I'll do the only thing that makes ANY sense...I'll get sick to my stomach on a glorious spring day.  Right.  So sick that I spend most of the day sleeping and the other half, too miserable to study for upcoming AP tests.  Makes perfect sense.  Thank you, body, for being so reasonable.  I truly appreciate your kindness.

OK, I'm being dramatic.  It's something I'm quite good at when I feel like it.

All sarcasm and griping aside, today is a wonderful day.  "Why?" you ask.  Because, 21 years ago, my parents got married.  For obvious reasons, that is one of the most important days of my life...if they hadn't gotten married, been open to life, etc, etc...no Alex.  And where would this world be without me?

Totally kidding.

In all seriousness though, they are such a wonderful example of what marriage should be.  Nobody's perfect, but I have to say, I appreciate everything they've done for me.  They love me.  They trust me.  They're cool and crazy, but they're responsible and know the balance between "friends" (per say) and parents.  Not to mention their incredible love for each other.  I can honestly say, I hope that someday I meet someone who loves me as much as my dad loves my mom and who I love as much as my mom loves my dad.

They still sometimes act like teenage lovebirds (and after their weight loss...they even LOOK a little like teenage lovebirds!!) and even though it kinda grosses me out a little and though they embarrass me as only parents can embarrass their children...I love them and appreciate their love for each other immensely.

I love you Momma and Baba!!

*I was going to post a recent picture of them kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower (they went over Easter Break) but, they're my parents...and (no offense, Ma and Ba) but....EW.

Give your parents hugs and kisses, because, even if they're not mine....they're pretty awesome!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment