Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, QUACK!

OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Only athletes can understand the pain I'm talking about. 

After an all-day volleyball tournament, you might find something has changed.  Namely, the way you walk.  It's a mix between a disgruntled duck, a constipated penguin and a half-dead cat.  If you sit down for more than 10 minutes straight, standing up is extremely painful. Then, as you (slowly and painfully) stagger to wherever you need to go, you drag your feet.  You fear that your knees might give out on you.  And sometimes (if you're lucky) your joints all start popping painfully and loudly.

And if you're REALLY lucky (like me) you even have a (non-cancerous?) bone tumor (? well...that's what they think it is at this point in time) in your right shin that acts up when you're too active...or even when you're NOT being active!  YIPPEE!!!  Now I have to go in and get a CT scan to see what THAT is all about, then there's the possibility of surgery.

Oh, and I forgot to mention "Priscilla," my damaged pinky finger.  Priscilla truly is the icing on the cake.  They say I've ruptured a tendon...which will eventually=SURGERY. 

Now some of you might be thinking that I'm complaining...pshhh!  I WOULD NEVER!  Truth is, my injuries and diseases and what not keep life interesting. ;)

Be good.  Take naps.  And for heaven's sake...if you have an injury don't wait five months to get it checked out by the doctor!  Ahemmm.

Peace Out,
Let's see if I can break a bone, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment